Thursday, August 28, 2014

Dallas Project | The Kitchen

Here she is...the pretty, pretty kitchen in one of my Dallas projects.  You've already seen most of this project if you've peeked around here a bit.  Most recently, I've shown you the family room from this project.  I've also previously blogged about the dining room, master bedroom and the master bathroom.  Because of this open style floor plan, I was particularly mindful that the palette had continuity as you looked around and moved from space to space.  You'll see that same palette continued into the kitchen creating a visually cohesive effect.
With Shaws Original and Perrin & Rowe by your side, you just can't go wrong :-)
Notice the v-groove planked ceiling that creates such wonderful texture overhead, leading your eyes right down to those fabulous Hick's pendants.  I'm not sure I'll ever tire of these fixtures.  They are just so iconic.
We built a fun banquette, tucked at the back of the kitchen, which seats this family of four perfectly.  We also opted for comfy, counter height stools right at the island for additional dining space or a perfect perch for their girls to work on homework while meals are prepared. 
Here is a better view of the banquette.  We specified a durable, and more importantly wipe-able, faux leather on the seat cushions.  I selected one with a soft hand and a bit of grain so that you really can't tell that it is faux.  The back cushions are a durable and forgiving woven, upholstery weight ikat, that bring in some fun pattern play to the monochromatic design.  I love that pendant!
I'm not gonna lie, I've got a bit of kitchen envy.  In fact there is quite a bit to envy in this beautiful home!  I'm just so happy that such a sweet and fun family owns this gorgeous home...you know, cause that makes it a little easier to take ;-P
I hope you've enjoyed seeing a little bit more of this wonderful home.  I have just a few more spaces to show you when I get a chance.  It really is a pretty one!
 
I hope everyone is having a great week. I've seen lots and lots of fun back-to-school pictures on my various news feeds.  My little Bunny is beginning her first preschool next week.  I'm dreading it!  It's only for two days a week and only for a couple of hours, but I'm already preparing myself for the ugly cry :-/ I know I'm not alone on this one!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the beautiful kitchen photos. They are inspiring! DH and I are in the planning stages of redoing our galley kitchen and all those questions of color choice, cabinet style, etc. are boggling our minds.
great-kitchen

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Another gorgeous space!

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Thanks Laura, yes it can be daunting. Best of luck with your designs :-)

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Thanks Sarah :-)

Unknown said...

The ceiling color is perfection. Good luck with the arrival of #2!

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Thank you so much Rebecca :-)

Chrissy said...

Can you share where you got the barstools and that pendant please?

Maddison said...

I also love the barstools and pendant. Can you share your source? Just two of the amazing choices you made in this lovely home :)

Emily Miller said...

It's really an informative post. Use of white color gives fresh look. I like lighting system which is very unique and innovative. Furniture work is really awesome. I appreciate this idea. Great job.

HomeImprovementQuote

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Can you tell me about the ikat fabric that is on the back rest of the dining banquette?...thank you!

Nancy said...

so lovely! we used the hicks pendants for our kitchen reno last year. they're like a beautiful pair of earrings that make an outfit.

Unknown said...

Love this blog! I really like the barstools, who manufactures these? Happy Designing!

God Bless and Be Encouraged,

Laci Ortiz
www.goodmedicineministries.org

Emily said...

Could you tell me what the ceiling and wall colors are in the kitchen/eating area? They are beautiful!

James E Lutz said...

Great! This content is innovative, there are a lot of new concept,it gives me creativity.I think I will also motivated by you and think about more thoughts. office furniture Jacksonville

Unknown said...

I was curious as to what color was used on the kitchen ceiling. Thanks

Dallas Home Remodeling said...

This is very nice blog post. Thanks for sharing this great blog with us. Whether you need minor changes in your living room interiors or want complete bathroom redesign services, our home renovation Dallas professionals can help!