Friday, July 23, 2010

Charming in Austin


I recently stumbled across this little gem of a remodel by Austin architect Jay Corder. I think it is absolutely lovely! I love the steel front doors!
This kitchen is right up my alley to a T! Deep, rich, stained floors, check. White subway tile, check. Painted white inset cabinets, check. Bin pulls, black granite and a banquette, oh my!
This sweet arrangement of chairs would be a fantastically charming little area to kick it.
Of course I love all the gray calmness and continuity of this space. Yes, I'm talking about gray again. I love that chandelier. It is similar to the one that I used in this project.
The deeper, rich, gray on the dining walls feels very luxe. The trim and ceiling painted the same rich color creates drama and warmth.

I'm also digging those horizontal mullions on the french doors. I'm actually using doors just like those on a project in the Westlakes area of Austin. The slab hasn't even been poured yet, so it will be a while before I can let you in on the action, but I'm so excited about this project. I can't wait to show you what is going on with it...it is going to be stunning!
The exterior appears to be slurried stone (but it might be stucco), which is another element that I am incorporating into my Austin project.
Just beautiful!

2 comments:

TwoThirtyFiveDesigns said...

hmm.... the kitchen is giving all sorts of great ideas! I need to show you the pic of what I am thinking on my next one ;)

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

ooh, yes, I'd love to see :-)