Monday, June 29, 2015

1920's Renovation | Max's Bath

Today I bring you yet another space in my gorgeous 1920's restoration project.  This bath belongs to the cutest little boy!
Here is the 'before'...
Where do I begin?  We kept the base cabinet but that is about it.  We replaced the dated cultured marble with a bright new slab of honed travertine, accompanied by some shiny new polished nickel hardware and a sparkling new undermount sink.  The base cabinet was in good condition so it got a fresh new paint color in a historic deep blue.
We replaced all of the lighting.  I love the light fixture we selected by E. F. Chapman.  The base and the squared glass shades feel masculine to me.
 Vintage door hardware love.
 Here is a 'before' image of the shower...
 And it looks like this now...
We replaced everything in there!  We chose a travertine brick, a travertine mosaic floor and polished nickel hardware.   The new frameless shower enclosure really cleaned and brightened things up.
We also replaced the flooring with this gorgeous travertine basketweave floor.
 Here is the potty area 'before'...
And here is the potty area now...
 We carried the travertine brick, in a wainscot, all the way around the room.
How cute is that vintage postage stamp canvas I found for this space?!
We restored this bathroom to a classic, beautiful and bright finish out that will hopefully be around for the next hundred years. 
I'll be back soon with Max's adorable bedroom.
 
I hope you're getting a great start to the week :-)

8 comments:

Nancy said...

lovely reno as always :) your work is divine!

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Thank you so much Nancy :-)

bathroom design ideas said...

Your site is great source of inspiration for all the people searching for design ideas. The designs are so adorable and easy to adopt.I had read many good blogs on small bathroom makeovers which really very helpful if you are looking for renovating your bathroom with new designs.

Unknown said...

Your renovation work looks pretty sleek. There is an artistic flourish in it, and that is quite wonderful. You certainly factored in the color palette, as well as the setup required. You only need competent plumbing and the best positioning of pipes and drains to complement this gorgeous picture for the bathroom. Good luck!

Levi Eslinger @ Capital Plumbing

Unknown said...

I loved the renovation you did with Max's bathroom, it really brightened up the bathroom and made it look much more modern looking. It really gave it a sleek, clean look and I think it actually makes the bathroom look much bigger than it did. It has really inspired me and my husband to redo our kid's bathroom in a similar way.

Essie Reed @ Valley Home Improvement

Mike Stathos said...

Nice pics. To get more relevant information visit here Bathroom remodeler Austin

Leslie said...

This space is lovely! I especially love the floor tile, mirror and polished nickel accents. I had one question though. In my own (1970s brick traditional), I've been toying with the idea of a tile wainscoting that would of course run behind the vanity like in this room. Was there a reason for including the backsplash piece that matches the counter rather than having the wall tile go all the way down to the counter? (I'm thinking about how I usually see kitchen backsplash tiles go down to the counter) Thanks!

KaKa said...

Thanks for the great article and for wanting to share with us such important information.
proforyou.co.uk