Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What I'm Loving...


Getting a look inside of Cherryfields, the Georgian revival home of two of my favorite designers, John Dransfield and Geoffrey Ross. If you've been around this blog for a while you've heard me mention their name before and their fabulous collection! In this month's Elle Decor we get an exclusive look into their eclectic and charming abode. To be honest, I rarely read the articles that accompany the beautiful images in design magazines. I usually read the captions and the sources and that's about it. However, the story behind how they obtained this remarkable estate is really interesting. The home belonged to an outrageous widow in her 80s, whom alone, sounds pretty interesting...she introduced JFK to Jackie for cryin' out loud! Anyway, the article discusses how the duo stalked the property...which I love to hear, because I do my own fair share of design stalking and there is comfort in knowing that even people as big as these guys still stalk ;-), obtained the property and "swapped" homesteads with the older woman. You really should pick up a copy if you are interested in hearing more about Cherryfields and the designer duo.
The estate was originally designed by Parish-Hadley in 1963. Ross states "It's vintage Parish-Hadley - It's sacred" so they kept much of the original design, even some of the original paint colors, but have made it their own.







Isn't it fabulous?! Be sure to check out Elle Decor for the full article!
Happy hump-day!

No comments: