Monday, April 19, 2010

Our Nook


We've been working away on our new home and it is almost to a point that I feel like I can share photos of it. Of course, a designer's house is never done! If I don't just take pics and show it, even though I don't feel it is complete, you may never see it!
My recent project is our nook. It is a great space and has wonderful light. It isn't done so I'm doing a half reveal just to show you what I've been working on.
I painted tone on tone stripes. This is not as easy as you think it would be. I enlisted the expertise of a friend who does painting and faux finishing for a living (Hi Allison!) and she helped me through how to figure it out. After a couple of hours of taping off, my husband walked in and kindly stated "those stripes are really crooked" which resulted in tearing all the tape down and walking away from it for a few days. I finally got it done and I'm very pleased :-)

I still have to reupholster the banquette, change out the lighting and install a piece of furniture that I am refinishing.
The idea for the piece of furniture is an antique apothecary cabinet. Here are some inspiration shots.

I have some of these that will be housed in the new cabinet.

I love vintage Italian apothecary bottles!
Herbs under cloches.

Check back soon for the final reveal with before and after pics.
I hope you are having a productive Monday!
Have a great week!

No comments: