Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What I'm Loving...

Mercury glass accessories in bookshelves
I'm loving all of the mercury glass that is popping up on the market everywhere! I have always had a love for mercury glass. I have several of these antique mercury glass apothecary jars in my home.
I just love the patina that the mercury creates on the glass.
I just used these mushrooms on an installation on Tuesday in Dallas. How cute are these?!
I'm using these pendants in my Austin project over the kitchen bar.
I'm also using these mercury glass knobs in the master bath of my Austin project. This bath is so wonderfully decked in Cararra, I cannot wait until it is installed.
You can find lots of fun mercury glass accessories at most retail vendors and by using them it is a great way to add a little vintage to your space. In my opinion, every space should have just a hint of patina somewhere.
Lovely votives in a great price point from West Elm.
Pottery Barn has this great mercury glass lamp with burlap shade, a perfect combo.
More great accessories from West Elm.
Another gorgeous lamp that lends a little more towards the glam side with the ribbed gourd shape and crystal base and finial. Love this!
Keep your eyes peeled for mercury glass, it is going to be very popular this year.
Stay tuned for a sneak peek at a project that I installed in Dallas on Tuesday.
Happy What I'm Loving Wednesday!

6 comments:

Blakes Mom said...

Hmmm.... This Austin project sounds interesting. I definitely want to see it completed! I love vintage and mercury glass.
Please keep me posted on that project. I think you should really focus on that one! :)

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Haha, you are all over the blog, my dear! You're my Austin baby :-)

Unknown said...

I have that hardware on a piece in my living room! I love mercury glass too but did have to buy a few back-up drawer pulls as they break pretty easily. Lovey love it! Really like the mushrooms-too cool! (PS-this is Suz. Jared doesn't have the mercury glass passion that I have :)

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Suz, we discovered how easily those break pretty recently :-( Thanks for reading sister :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with those mercury pendant lights! Can you share where I can find those??

Thank you!

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Anon, you can find pendants like the ones I'm using at Candelabra and Shades of Light. I'd love to see where you are using them :) Thanks for reading.