Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Nursery Journal: Part I

Up until now, I have made zero commitments to the nursery. I've been so busy with work that I just hadn't focused on it yet. I've also had no direction, which obviously makes it tough to move forward when you have no direction. I am 27 weeks and I haven't done a thing!!! Yikes!
But alas, I have finally found my direction. I came across the above fabric, while I was pulling fabrics for a client, and I fell in love. It is setting my palette. There will be NO theme. I do not like themes.
It's funny how many people ask me about the nursery. I can only assume it is because it is what I do for a living. People usually ask about the nursery before they even know what I am having or what her name is...seriously.
So I haven't appropriated the fabrics yet, I just know that I am using them, and I have a good idea where they are going. These are just two of the fabrics. I'm pretty sure the graphic below will be on the drapes, but we'll see.
I've decided on a crib and I've bought some prints on Etsy, so I guess my little client might actually have a decorated room after all ;-) I'll be sending the fabrics out to my workroom this week, so hopefully I'll have more to show you in Part II. Check back soon.
In the meantime, I'm so enjoying being pregnant! I love feeling her move around inside of me and I feel so close to her already. I can hardly wait to meet her and see what her little personality will be like, and if she'll look like me or Frank...or both. Pregnancy is truly a miracle and I am feeling very blessed these days.
I hope you're having a great week!

11 comments:

Beck said...

I'm so looking forward to seeing how you mash it all together for Little Miss. I love the non-pinkishness & lack of theme!

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Thanks Beck :-) I decided that I wasn't a pink room girl, I guess I'm going to try to pass that along while she can't voice her opinion, lol. Thanks for reading :-)

stoopsplus2 said...

Love Love Love it! She will too. Speaking of name --- is it a secret? Your words are so true. Babies are such a blessing. I loved it and do it miss it at times but ohhh how I LOVE the hugs and kisses the boys give me now.
She will melt your heart. Best wishes.
Daisy

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Thanks Daisy! No the name isn't secret :-) It is going to be Alice. We don't have a middle name yet. I can't wait for those hugs and kisses!!!

Free Art Printables said...

I love the floral fabric! Do you mind if I ask what it is?

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Thank you! Not at all :-) It is Schumacher Camberwell Vase in Citrine. Thanks for reading!

Amanda Ornelas said...

I love all your designs, how everything flows. I just bougt a house n need to paint ur wall paint seems so universal. Could u share your wall colors throughout your house. Thanks Amanda

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Thank you Amanda! The paint colors are given in the comment section of the partIV post. Thanks for reading :-)

Unknown said...

Hi there, can you please tell me the name of the gray geometric fabric that you used for the drapes. Thanks! Love your style!

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Hi Jennifer! My nursery drapes are Schumacher's Summer Palace Fret in Smoke. Thanks for reading :-)

In Excelsis said...

Apppreciate you blogging this