Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Little Eye Candy


This kitchen is absolutely delicious!!! Bin pulls, and cabinet feet and flush mounts...Oh my! I can't stop staring at it, so much so, that I have moved it to my desktop for ease of opening just to gaze at between task changes. This little gem is located in a beautiful home in the prestigious Highland Park neighborhood of Dallas. I could seriously lick the marble it is so yummy. I don't know if it is Calcutta or Carrera but it is just gorgeous!!! Notice the juxtaposition of the clean lines and pure white color scheme with the rustic antique lanterns over the island. This works so beautifully. Every room should have just a little patina. I think that just a little age gives a space so much depth. Another element to this kitchen, that is so aesthetically pleasing, is the way that the arched window is mimicked over the cooktop. This creates symmetry but isn't boring.
I'm going to have a white kitchen some day. This kitchen has definitely moved up on my inspiration list.
Lovely!

No comments: