Friday, June 4, 2010

Week In Review


I came home, from an amazing Memorial weekend with my family, to this little beauty. What you don't know, is that there was an electric glass cooktop here before. My husband installed this beautiful new gas cooktop and new hood for me as a surprise! Needless to say, he is incredibly handy and I am incredibly spoiled ;-) Also, if there are any youngsters reading this...this is what you get excited about when you get older...appliances, haha!
I love it! I love to cook and gas works so much better than electric in that aspect! Did I mention I love it?!
I had a great time with the fam. I miss them so much now that we live four hours away in San Antonio. Here are all of my sisters :-)
We are real sisters (everyone always asks that). I love them and they are my very best friends! They are smart, fun, witty, beautiful women and we always have a crazy time when we are all together. Muuwahh...big kisses...I love you sissies!

My sweet husby also had the new light fixture for the nook hung when I returned :-) Which means...
the nook is done, yay! What do ya think? I still need a piece of art for the left wall but I know what I'm looking for, I just have to find it.
You gotta see what this place looked like before...
ooh la la! Yep, that's it. The previous homeowners had great vision for this space (Hi J & C). That is an understatement. I've changed quite a bit from how they had it decorated but they did all the heavy lifting. Before above - after below.
My herb garden is rockin' since I planted a month ago.
parsley
spearmint
basil - these guys get a lot of use! I pull from these almost every week...yum! I'm also growing cilantro, chives and rosemary, oh my.
I've also got a new client (Hi C!) that I met with while I was in Dallas. I'm always super excited when I start a new project.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend and I'll see you back here next week :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria,

Your home is absolutely beautiful! I can hardly believe the before and after pictures!!! I want to come and just sit in your little nook and sip a cup of coffee and just relax! Love it!!

Angie

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Thanks Angie! The nook is great for coffee and chillaxing :-)

The Sparkmans said...

I'm still dying to see the rest of the house! What I've seen so far is gorgeous!! You have such a talent!

Ashley

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Thanks Ashley! I know, I need to post more. I will soon, I promise :-) Thanks for reading the blog!

Carrie Harden Friesenhahn said...

Maria, it looks FABULOUS! I love the nook's sophisticated new look & it makes me so happy to know how loved that great house is. Bravo!
Carrie

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Thanks Carrie! You guys did all of the hard work! You had great vision for this house, that's for sure! I'm glad you like it :-)

Living Livelier said...

Wow! The nook is amazing. Love those horizontal stripes - great job!!!
Deb

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Thank you Deb, and thanks for reading :-)